An unapologetic plant geek shares advice and opinions on gardening, the contrived and the natural landscape, as well as occasional topics from the other side of the gate.

December 24, 2009

Tommorow Will Be Christmas

Not all Christmas songs are cheerful, and this was one particularly not. No matter the season, its a punch to the gut every time I hear it, yet it still manages to contain a few threads of hope. The song is "Family Life" from the album Peace at Last by The Blue Nile. The video quality is poor, but it is more about voice and music - so you should form your own images.




Starlight do you know me
Please, don’t look at me now I’m falling apart
Silver on the window
Like the bike I once had at home in the yard
Jesus love let me down and I know where you are
Is it safe, is it right

Cover me in snowfall
And the cars going by the north and the south
Flowers on the table
And the coffee gets cold like the milk in my mouth
There will be no honeymoon
Just separate chairs in separate rooms
Jesus, please make us happy sometimes
No more shout, no more fight
Family life

Tomorrow will be Christmas
We’ll be singing old songs and light up the tree
God and all the mercy
Please don't say any prayers for little old me
Jesus, you wipe the tears from her face
And the sound of his voice
Family life

Jesus, I go to sleep and I pray
For my kids
For my wife
Family life

4 comments:

  1. Boy talk about melancholy....I hadn't heard that song before.
    Merry Christmas and a Belated Happy Hanukkah to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Les! I have enjoyed your post this past year and look forwarding to reading more in 2010. H.

    P.S. Looking forward to seeing you in VA next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest of Holidays Les~~It's been a joy reading your posts and seeing your photos! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Les, so very honored to have you as a friend. I'm counting on you to help me keep my plants alive in 2010. Big hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete