An unapologetic plant geek shares advice and opinions on gardening, the contrived and the natural landscape, as well as occasional topics from the other side of the gate.

February 3, 2008

Blooming Today

After the somber tone of the last post, I thought I should post something more uplifting. It was nice today, sunny and pushing 60, and at work the the Prunus mume 'Peggy Clark' was blooming and the honeybees were getting busy with Peggy.

In my own garden, most of the Helleborus orientalis are only barely showing color, but the Helleborus foetidus are in full bloom, and among some of my customers, green flowers are very in.
In the greenhouse at work we have the plant that was stolen out of my garden this summer by my "neighbor". When I posted my rant about the plant thief/vandal I did not know the name of the stolen plant, but now I know it is Gynura or Velvet plant (thanks to Ann).

No comments:

Post a Comment